5 Milk Facts You May Not Know!
- In ancient cultures, milk was considered to be the “food of the Gods”. Milk was very valued by Romans, Egyptians, etc.
- Milk can be turned into biodegradable plastic! Due to the casein in the milk interacting with formaldehyde, we are able to create a plastic that is insoluble in water and nearly impossible to catch on fire.
- Frogs used to be put into milk to prevent it from spoiling. On top of this, scientists have discovered a surplus of antibiotics rooted in the Russian Brown Frogs’ skin due to this method.
- Cows get a two month vacation from milking each year! They need a vacation the same way we do, we can’t work 24/7! A cow will produce about 6.3 gallons of milk per day, averaging to 2,300 gallons a year.
- Considering milk has an abundance of protein, in order to achieve this without drinking a glass, you would either need to eat about 3 cups of broccoli, 10 cups of raw spinach, or 6 servings of pinto beans.
Click the link below to purchase dairy and other products from a local, Staten Island business. Enjoy!